2021 Summit Overview
In 2021, STC is excited to offer a virtual conference again to meet the ongoing educational needs of technical communication professionals across multiple time zones and to protect the wellbeing of attendees.
The 2021 Summit will take place Saturday, 5 June, through Wednesday, 9 June, entirely online.
- Saturday, June 5—Sunday, 6 June: over a dozen Pre-Conference Workshops
- Monday, 7 June—Wednesday, 9 June: over 80 Education Sessions
The virtual Summit will consist of live and simulive sessions that will be available at times that are friendly for technical communicators the world over. By offering a virtual event, STC is able to expand the reach of the Summit to participants outside of North America, and provide learning options for all participants who are unable to travel.
We are committed to offering a robust conference experience, including education sessions, preconference workshops, keynotes, vendor showcases, networking opportunities, and entertainment and social events. While other conferences in technical communication may be narrowly focused, the STC Summit is broad — its depth and breadth reflect the diversity of our profession, our members, and our attendees. Summit attendees will learn about new techniques, tools, and trends, as well as grow their skills and competencies.
The STC Summit includes the following opportunities and more:
- Preconference workshops and education sessions in the following areas: Content Design and Delivery; Tools and Technologies; Management, Leadership, and Career Development. See Tracks and Topic Ideas for more information. The program will include presentations, tutorials, and workshops at several experience levels.
- The Expo Hall, where numerous vendors demonstrate products, services, tools, and technology in the world of technical communication.
- The Honors Event, where the best and brightest in the industry are honored by the Society.
- Additional social networking and entertainment events.
Attendance at the 2021 Summit provides 8 CEUs toward CPTC currency. CEUs apply only to those who are certified and cannot be counted retroactively.
The Society for Technical Communication is the world’s largest and oldest professional association dedicated to the advancement of the field of technical communication. The Society’s members span the field of the technical communication profession from students and academics to practitioners and managers. Our members represent every industry segment and many countries around the globe.
In a rapidly changing field, STC support the development and dissemination of technical communication knowledge and skill. The Society’s award-winning publications, Intercom and Technical Communication, are widely read by practitioners and academics in the field, and the STC annual conference is one of the most-attended technical communication events of the year. The STC also offers the Certified Professional Technical Communicator program that validates knowledge, competency and currency in the field through professional certification.
The Society, its geographic Chapters, and its Special Interest Groups produce a wide array of educational events throughout the year designed to advance the knowledge of members and promote technical communication education, managerial techniques and tool skills. Career advancement is also supported by the STC through an annual salary survey, job board, mentoring and networking.