The Summit is an in-person technical communication conference, spanning several days. Each day will host a unique set of sessions and events that our volunteers can participate in and attend before and after their volunteer time is scheduled.
Student volunteers learn aspects of technical communication beyond their college classrooms and can build their professional networks!
All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application form to be considered for a position. All applications must be submitted by 14 April. Only STC student members are eligible.
- Be a current student member of STC and attend the full Summit.
- Be reliable and able to follow instructions.
- Be available to attend orientation meetings.
During the Summit, volunteers may be asked to monitor education sessions, staff the registration desk, and assist STC staff with special events, such as award ceremonies. All volunteers are critical to ensure a well-run conference and all volunteers are expected to fulfill their volunteer duties if selected.
Volunteers receive complimentary registration to the Summit. This does not include registration to pre-conference workshops, certificate programs, nor traveling and lodging expenses.
The STC Summit wouldn’t be successful without its volunteers. Thank you for your time!
Student volunteers can attend the Summit, learn aspects of technical communication beyond their college classrooms, and build their professional networks.
Non-student volunteers attend for free and do a variety of tasks during the Summit active hours.
- All volunteers will support STC as education session room monitors, registration desk assistants, and assist STC staff with special events.
- All volunteers are critical to ensure a well-run conference and student volunteers are expected to fulfill their volunteer duties if selected.
- Volunteers will have time to attend sessions during the Summit.