Session Formats and Speaker Preparation
All sessions will be presented live, in-person. Each session room will be set with a computer, projector, screen and sound system. If you have special AV requirements for your presentation, you must notify the STC’s Conference Committee by Tuesday, 31 March.
In Spring 2024, we will also provide a speaker orientation that includes tips for making your presentation as effective as possible. A specific date and time will be announced later.
To help us better serve members year after year, we ask all conference attendees to evaluate their experience at the program, which includes rating each session they attend. Speaker evaluation results will be made available to you after the conference has ended.
Copyright & Agreement
By signing the Speaker Agreement, you are asserting the following:
I grant to STC a royalty-free license to record and distribute my presentations (including audio, handouts, and PowerPoint presentations) to use for future promotions, with appropriate attribution to me. I understand that I retain copyright ownership of the content of my presentation, and that the grant of this license does not prohibit me from using my presentation in any way or from allowing others to use it.
I represent and warrant that my presentations do not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including any copyright, trademark and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. I have the full authority to enter into this agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in my presentation.
Code of Conduct & Rules
Review the STC Summit Code of Conduct.
By signing the Speaker Agreement, you asserting the following:
- I agree to abide by the Summit Code of Conduct. During my presentation(s), I will not engage in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any product or service.
- I authorize STC to use my name, likeness, photograph, and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the program.
- I agree to notify the STC Conference Committee’s Speaker Manager immediately in the event that an emergency should prevent me from meeting my obligation as a session speaker.
- I hereby indemnify and hold STC harmless from and against any and all claims, expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees), arising directly out of
- my negligent actions and/or
- the breach of any of my covenants, obligations, representations or warranties set forth in this agreement.
If you accept the terms of this manual, please virtually sign the speaker agreement by 29 February 2024.
If you have questions or no longer able to participate in the Summit, please email STC’s Conference Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After reading the Speaker Manual above, please fill out the following form to accept the terms and guidelines outlined in the Speaker Manual.
"*" indicates required fields