The STC Summit is a friendly and welcoming conference for all attendees. Attendees are expected to follow a code of conduct.
STC events are intended to be a safe and positive learning experience for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, appearance, or religion. All attendees are expected to follow a code of conduct, including students, speakers, teachers, trainers, instructors, sponsors, administrators, or staff of any STC educational event.
This code of conduct outlines STC’s expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
It also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of conference activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in STC’s sole discretion and the decision of STC’s representatives will be final.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all STC education participants, both in-person and online. They include:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and/or speech.
- Be mindful of your behavior and that of fellow participants.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable during any STC education event:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Political commentary.
- Using profanity or expletives.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or appearance.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of conference events, including talks and presentations.
- Failing to follow or obey any laws or rules of the venue.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an STC staff member and contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by any participant in STC educational events. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If any participant in STC education engages in unacceptable behavior, STC staff may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including termination of the course, reprimand, or expulsion from the education course or webinar without warning or refund.