If your manager requires a business case to approve reimbursing your STC Summit expenses, here are a few examples of the benefits of the STC Summit:
- 100+ education sessions on Content Design and Delivery; Tools and Technologies; Training Development and Delivery; and Project Management, Leadership, and Career Development. See the list of currently scheduled sessions here: https://summit.stc.org/2020-full-schedule/.
- Preconference workshops and STC Certification training — in-depth training on a variety of popular topics. See last year’s schedule here: https://summit.stc.org/preconference/.
- Practical and inspiring keynotes
- Invited sessions by industry leaders
- Tech comm Exhibit Hall — learn about tools and services that could improve your systems and processes, and meet the vendors of the ones you currently use.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues and vendors who can be future resources on technologies and processes.
- Knowledge gained can be shared with your team and applied quickly on the job.
The STC Summit is an investment in your career, so even if your company can’t reimburse your attendance this year, you should consider funding this event yourself. What you will learn will be invaluable to you and your career for a long time to come!
Event: 2020 STC Summit
Date: 15-18 May, 2020
Location: Bellevue, WA
Registration rates: https://summit.stc.org/2020/conference/registration-rates/
Hotel info: https://summit.stc.org/2020/hotel/
Travel info: https://summit.stc.org/2020/getting-there/