If your manager requires a business case to approve reimbursing your STC Summit expenses, here are a few examples of the benefits of the STC Summit:
- 80+ education sessions on content design and delivery; tools and technologies; and management and career development.
- Preconference workshops and STC Certification training — in-depth training on a variety of popular topics. See this year’s schedule here: https://summit.stc.org/preconference/.
- Invited sessions by industry leaders.
- Exhibit Hall — information about tools and services that could improve systems and processes, and the opportunity to meet vendors of the ones we currently use.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues and vendors who can be future resources on technologies and processes.
The STC Summit is an investment in your career, so even if your company can’t reimburse your attendance this year, you should consider funding this event yourself. What you will learn will be invaluable to you and your career for a long time to come! And STC attendance provides 8 CEUs toward CPTC certification credts.
Event: 2022 STC Technical Communication Summit
Dates: 15-18 May 2022
Location: Rosemont (Chicago), Illinois
Hotel rate: $199, plus 14% tax per night
Estimated travel expense: From your location to O’Hare International Airport
Food and beverage expense: Refer to the GSA per diem rate for an estimate.