Presentation (50 minutes)
Tutorial (50 minutes)
Preconference Workshop (Half or Full Day)
- Half-day workshops are 3.5 hours long. There are both morning and afternoon workshops.
- Full-day workshops are 7 hours long, with a break for lunch.
Technology talks should cover:
- In what context is it appropriate
- How participants can use it
- Real world examples
All Tool presentations must include:
- How the tool applies to technical communication.
- Realistic examples of how technical communicators might apply the tool or technology.
- Please, no hype or marketing presentations. We encourage vendors who wish to deliver marketing-oriented presentations to contact Maura Paoletti about a Summit sponsorship package.
Audience Experience Levels
- Foundation: The content is introductory (for example, “101 level”) and suitable for all skill or knowledge levels. Beginner to three years of experience.
- Practitioner: Attendees are proficient with the topic, but will learn new and challenging material. 3 to 7+ years of experience.
- Expert: The material is suitable for attendees who have advanced knowledge or job responsibilities (such supervisor or manager). 10+ years of experience.