The STC Academic SIG invites submissions from individuals and teams of two to a student poster competition to be held at STC Summit ’15. Selected posters will be presented at the Summit in Columbus, Ohio, on Tuesday, 23 June 2015.
Current Research Topics in Technical Communication: Submit innovative work in communicating technical content, managing a technical communication group, producing and publishing content, researching content, or promoting the profession.
Who Can Enter: Undergraduate and graduate students. Students do not need to be a member of STC to enter. (See note on attending the Summit below.)
How to Submit: Submit your poster and an abstract as attached PDFs to an email.
- Projects should not be older than two years by the time they are submitted.
- Poster size: Selected posters will be printed by STC and displayed throughout the Summit. Printed poster size will be 36 x 48.
- Poster should not include author’s name or school affiliation. Students whose posters are selected will be asked to add that information prior to STC’s printing of the posters.
- File size: < 1 MB
- Submit as a PDF
- File name: TitleofPoster_STC15
- Poster format templates and design help are available from a number of Internet locations, including C.B. Purrington’s “Designing Conference Posters” and K. Powell’s “Presentations: Billboard Science.”
- Abstract should not include author’s name or school affiliation.
- Provide a title for and summary of the project for the poster. In the summary, include the nature or significance of the topic, research question(s), methods, results, and conclusion.
- Include specifications for the poster and any restrictions that had to be met.
- Size: 250 words
- Submit as a PDF
- File name: TitleofPoster_Abstract_STC15
Email guidelines: Include the following in the email message:
- Your full name(s)
- Classification: undergraduate or graduate
- Phone number(s)
- Email subject line: STC student poster competition 2015
- Email to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner Selection: A panel of judges, composed of academic and practitioner members of STC, will evaluate the content and design of all submissions. Those selected to present at the Summit on 23 June also will be judged on delivery. A first place award will be presented at the Summit Honors Reception that evening.
Attending the Summit: STC student members are provided a discounted registration fee of $200. Student members of STC can volunteer to work for at least one day at the Summit to cover the registration fee. If a student is not a member of STC, s/he can join at the student rate of $75.
Deadlines – EXTENDED:
- 15 April 2015: deadline for poster submission
- 29 April 2015: notification of selection
- 23 June 2015: presentation and final judging of selected posters at the Summit
Questions: Contact email@example.com